Open search bar

A Friendly, Family Community

Rating Information

Click Here or on the below image to view the Refuse, Recycling & Rates Calendar 23/24 in PDF format.

Click Here or on the below image to view 23/24 Rates Information in PDF format.




Please quote assessment number as a reference


Administration Fee 

There will be an instalment administration charge when choosing an instalment option of $10 for each instalment after the initial instalment is paid.

Late Payment Penalty 

A charge of 7.0% per annum, calculated daily at 0.019178% by  simple interest will apply to rates and service charges that remain unpaid after the due date and will continue to accrue until paid in full. Eligible pensioners are exempt. 

Prompt Payment Discount 

Council resolved that a discount will not be  applied for prompt payment of rates.

Instalment Option Requirements 

The right to pay by instalments is forfeited if your first payment is not received by the due date and does not match the total instalment option.

NOTE: Payment of the first instalment shall include all arrears outstanding from previous years.

Nyabing & Pingrup Refuse Sites

Click Here or on the below image to view the Nyabing & Pingrup Refuse Sites Info in PDF format.


For land enquiries, see the below:
(08) 9273 7373

2023 / 2024 Bushfire 

Click Here or on the below image to view the 23/24 Bush Fire Notice in PDF format

Emergency Services Levy

Click Here or on the below to read more about the Emergency Services Levy, and where your contributions go.

Fire Hazard Reduction Notice

Click Here or on the below image to view the Fire Hazard Reduction Notice in PDF format.

Difficulty Paying Your Rates?

If you are experiencing any difficulties with paying your instalments or outstanding rates, please contact the Shire Office on (08) 9851 9780 to discuss alternative arrangements prior to the due date.


To qualify for a rebate you must:

  1. Own and occupy your house as at 1 July each year, and;
  2. Be in receipt of a current:

a) Pensioner Concession Card (PCC) issued by Centrelink/Veterans Affairs; OR

b) WA Seniors Card (SC) issued by the Office of Seniors Affairs AND a Commonwealth Seniors Health Card (CSHC); OR

c) WA Seniors Card (SC); OR

d) State Concession Card (SCC)

Should you meet the eligibility criteria listed above you can now register by visiting the rebate is calculated from the date that you register with the Water Corporation.


Under the provisions of the Local Government Act 1995, notice must be given in writing to the Council within 21 days of rateable property being sold or disposed of. Details of land description and name and address of the new owner must be provided. Proof of new ownership may be required by the Council, prior to its recording being altered.