- Nyabing townsite is located 319 kilometres south-east of Perth, elevation 325 metres (1066 feet).
- Pingrup townsite is located 361 kilometres south-east of Perth, elevation 295 metres (968 feet).
- The Shire covers an area of 5,634 square kilometres (2,175 sq mi)
- The Shire contains 230 kilometres of sealed roads and 1200 kilometres of unsealed roads.
- There are 340 dwellings.
The total population for the Shire of Kent is 559 with the median age being 39.
- Population for Nyabing is 296
- Population for Pingrup is 263
The below agricultural statistic were produced by the Australian Bureau of Statistics in 2006, there has been no further statistics provided since then.
- Wool Clip – 1,961,000kg
- Wheat Produced – 103,839 tonnes
- Barley Produced – 42,709 tonnes
- Number of Sheep – 347,200
- Number of Pigs – 700
- Average Annual Rainfall – 340mm – 390mm
- Average Maximum Temperature – 23 degrees celsius
- Average Minimum Temperature – 10 degrees celsius
The Australian Bureau of Statistics website has extensive information available about the Shire area including: population, demographics, community profiles, cultural/ethnicity and language.
Visit the ABS website by clicking here.